Banana Bread Protein Muffins.
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 6oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3.5 scoops vanilla protein powder (MRM)
- 6 packets stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make sure to use a healthy dose of non-stick spray because these will stick. Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Pour mixture evenly into 12 muffin liners or tray. Bake 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!
112 calories, 9g carbs, and 10g protein per muffin.
Wow, I’m going to give this a try this weekend!
I found a recipe for clean sesame chicken on the Oxygen website last week, and decided to try it out last night. Okay this is awesome, I love chinese food but hate how heavy and greasy I feel after eating it, plus the recipe was easy, and turned out great!
Serve on brown rice, or vegetables!
- 4, 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 4 tbsp unbleached flour
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp four-blend pepper
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a food processor or blender, combine soy sauce, peanut butter, oil, and lime juice. Blend until peanut butter is thoroughly mixed with the other ingredients and then pour onto a plate.
- On another plate, mix the flour sesame seeds and pepper.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the peanut butter mixture. Then coat the breasts in the flour mixture.
- Place chicken onto a non-stick cookie sheet sprayed with canola oil. Then spray each breast with oil until covered.
- Finally cook the chicken for 20 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- Serving suggestions: Place chicken on a mixture of brown rice (half cup) and Bush’s Pinto Beans (quarter of a cup).
Nutrients per serving (Makes 4 servings):
Calories: 310, Fat: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 39 g
***To make this even CLEANER I used Braggs soy alternative for the soy sauce, and whole grain oat flour instead of unbleached white flower.
CLEAN MEXICAN STIR-FRY RECIPE
Healthy Recipe Challenge #1 via thefameofhealth
Chicken Linguine Braggfredo
Ingredients: Makes 1 serving
- 3oz whole wheat linguine (3 servings of starchy carbs)
- 3oz of chicken (1 serving of protein)
- 0.50oz of Light Baby Bell Cheese (0.25 serving of dairy)
- 35g of Fat Free Cottage Cheese (0.25 serving of dairy)
- 1 TBSP Bragg All Purpose Seasoning Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 50g broccoli (0.50 serving vegetable)
- 32.5g of Red Bell Pepper (0.25 serving of vegetable)
- 1 clove garlic
This recipe was actually really good. Maybe I shouldn’t phrase it that way as though I didn’t expect it to be. The sauce for this dish was really easy to make and had great taste. All the remaining ingredients were things I would normally cook with and are relatively inexpensive.
Being that I am a bachelor and I like my life to be as easy as possible when it comes to eating healthy I made a much larger version of this recipe so I can enjoy it for a few days to come.
As for cooking time and prep…also relatively simple and quick. Get the noodles and chicken started first and while those are cooking you should be able to get your veggies and sauce finished up and be ready to combine it all.
Overall rating: 4 out of 5 stars. I could have used a little more of a spicy kick. Next time I might add a little liquid smoke, sriracha, or chili powder to the sauce and see how it turns out. I also think that it would be pretty easy to substitute any number of veggies or types of protein with this. I will likely experiment with some variations of those as well.
This is my very own recipe that I created. I’m not naturally a chef in the kitchen but if there are 2 clean recipes I’m proud of its my pancakes and this Braggfredo dish!
You have to try it! Thanks again Trever for testing this out and posting about it.
“HEALTHIEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD” RECIPE
So I was fooling around in my kitchen the other day and actually made something quite divine. I was able to figure out a way to make pizza with all Blogilates-approved ingredients. That’s right. There was no mozzarella cheese, no oil, no bread. It was low cal, low carb, and highly nutritious. “What!?” you say?
It was totally LEGIT.
“HEALTHIEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD” CRUST INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup dry oats
- 1 TBS ground flax seed
- 1 egg
“HEALTHIEST PIZZA IN THE WORLD” TOPPINGS
- 4 TBS marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat/lowfat cottage cheese
- sprinkles of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- several pieces of jalapeno
- any other veggie or lean protein you want to add - mushrooms, onions, olives and chicken breast are all great choices
1. In a tin pan, mix up the oats, egg, and flax seed until it covers the bottom of a tin pan. I used a pie tin pan. No oil required! Place in oven at 350F for about 15-20 min until firm.
2. In the mean time, microwave the frozen spinach. Once thawed, pour out excess water and pat dry with paper towel.
3. Also, squeeze the cottage cheese curds with a cheese cloth or a few layers of paper towel. You want to get all of the water out so that it doesn’t make you pizza soggified.
4. Chop your desired veggies.
5. Once crust is firm, take the crust out of the oven. Slather with tomato sauce.
6. Then pile on the cottage cheese and veggies!
7. Place back in oven for about 15-20 min keeping temp at 350F. You can do 375F if you like your crust crispy.
8. Once your ticker dings, take out, slice and enjoy. YOU CAN DEFINITELY EAT THE WHOLE THING :)
About 300 calories for you own whole pizza pie…nearly 30g of protein and 8g of fiber. WOW is right. You need to try this! It’s one of my best creations to date!!!
Reblog and share the joy of clean eating! Seriously guys, this is phenomenal!!!