Breakfast Bake!! So good
6 slices of bread
2 cups of washed spinach (packed tight)
5 eggs, beaten well
1/2 block silken tofu
1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the night before:
- Melt the coconut oil in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Tear bread in pieces and toss with melted oil.
- Sprinkle spinach over bread.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and combine with silken tofu and salt.
- Pour mixture over bread and spinach.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight.
In the morning:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and place in oven for 45 minutes.
- Slice into pieces and serve.
I had light laughing cow garlic & herb cheese spread with mine :D
Banana Bread Protein Muffins.
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 6oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3.5 scoops vanilla protein powder (MRM)
- 6 packets stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make sure to use a healthy dose of non-stick spray because these will stick. Mix all ingredients in a food processor. Pour mixture evenly into 12 muffin liners or tray. Bake 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!
112 calories, 9g carbs, and 10g protein per muffin.
Wow, I’m going to give this a try this weekend!
CLEAN MEXICAN STIR-FRY RECIPE
Healthy Recipe Challenge #1 via thefameofhealth
Chicken Linguine Braggfredo
Ingredients: Makes 1 serving
- 3oz whole wheat linguine (3 servings of starchy carbs)
- 3oz of chicken (1 serving of protein)
- 0.50oz of Light Baby Bell Cheese (0.25 serving of dairy)
- 35g of Fat Free Cottage Cheese (0.25 serving of dairy)
- 1 TBSP Bragg All Purpose Seasoning Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 50g broccoli (0.50 serving vegetable)
- 32.5g of Red Bell Pepper (0.25 serving of vegetable)
- 1 clove garlic
This recipe was actually really good. Maybe I shouldn’t phrase it that way as though I didn’t expect it to be. The sauce for this dish was really easy to make and had great taste. All the remaining ingredients were things I would normally cook with and are relatively inexpensive.
Being that I am a bachelor and I like my life to be as easy as possible when it comes to eating healthy I made a much larger version of this recipe so I can enjoy it for a few days to come.
As for cooking time and prep…also relatively simple and quick. Get the noodles and chicken started first and while those are cooking you should be able to get your veggies and sauce finished up and be ready to combine it all.
Overall rating: 4 out of 5 stars. I could have used a little more of a spicy kick. Next time I might add a little liquid smoke, sriracha, or chili powder to the sauce and see how it turns out. I also think that it would be pretty easy to substitute any number of veggies or types of protein with this. I will likely experiment with some variations of those as well.
This is my very own recipe that I created. I’m not naturally a chef in the kitchen but if there are 2 clean recipes I’m proud of its my pancakes and this Braggfredo dish!
You have to try it! Thanks again Trever for testing this out and posting about it.